Launching & Hauling Out at the Dragon Gold Cup 2012
In an effort to streamline the launching and hoisting out of boats we would wish you to read carefully and follow the instructions below.
- All boats arriving to Kinsale on or after 1st September 2012 Proceed to Goods Mills (see map here) and park your trailer as directed. Note that space is limited at the Pier in the town and accordingly on Friday 7th September we have arranged for the boat launching to take place in three separate time slots: 10.00am to 1.00pm 1.00pm to 4.00pm 4.00pm to 7.00pm Boat launch will also be facilitated between 9.00 and 11.00 am Saturday 8th September. You will be offered a preferred a launch time slot at registration please deliver your boat and trailer to the pier at the time slot agreed. On launching your boat please immediately deliver your trailer for storage to the Kinsale Equestrian Centre located approx. 2 km west of the pier. Follow directions on map attached. Please fit one of the Laminated A4 tag showing your Sail Number (to be provided at Registration) to the Trailer in a visible position.
- Haul out on Friday 14th September
- All boats that have trailers at Kinsale Equestrian Centre proceed to Kinsale Pier for haul out. Boats shall be hauled out in sequence as per the provisional results following racing on Wednesday 12th September. Please attach the A4 Laminated tag of your sail number to your trailer close to the tow-hitch on the evening before hauling out and fix the second A4 Laminated tag to the mast, in order that your boat is loaded onto your trailer that will be delivered to the pier by a KYC member. (The laminated A4 tags will be in the pack you receive on registration). Please follow specific directions of shore crew with regard to de-masting.
- Warning-Any boats that skip the queue will be re-launched and will be the last boat off the water!!!
- Any boats that have trailers at Kinsale Boatyard please proceed to Kinsale Boatyard. As with the pier boats they shall be hauled out in sequence as per the provisional results following racing on Wednesday 12th September.
Driving instructions to Kinsale Yacht Club can be found here. Boat launching and hauling out is being organised by Michael Walsh. Should you have any specific queries or requests please contact Michael directly at: +353 87 2671904 or at [email protected] and he will make every effort to facilitate you.